I spent the weekend in Santa Barbara with my girlfriends Shari and Brage. Saturday we decided to stalk Oprah's house...so we found her address...and drove there. We got as far as the gates...but had fun hunting her down.
That night we were asking the concierge at our hotel where to eat. We had two conditions-- no tourist places -- just really good food. He said how about Oprah's favorite restaurant, which is owned and run by an Ethiopian woman? The minute he said that we said DONE! WHAT A SIGN!
When we walked into the restaurant I asked the maitre d' if Mollie was cooking that night..and he said yes. Not ten minutes later she was at our table saying hello. She wanted to know all about the adoption and see pictures. I showed her our sweet little guys picture on BB and she couldn't have been more supportive and encouraging. As we were leaving she came by again to say goodbye and good luck. What a great night.
Oh -- AND THE MEAL WAS FABULOUS!!!!
When we walked into the restaurant I asked the maitre d' if Mollie was cooking that night..and he said yes. Not ten minutes later she was at our table saying hello. She wanted to know all about the adoption and see pictures. I showed her our sweet little guys picture on BB and she couldn't have been more supportive and encouraging. As we were leaving she came by again to say goodbye and good luck. What a great night.
Oh -- AND THE MEAL WAS FABULOUS!!!!

That's really neat that she took the time to come and say hi!
ReplyDeleteI know, crazy, I couldn't believe it. She was incredibly friendly and very enthusiastic.
ReplyDeleteGreat story and experience! My sister lives close to Santa Barbara so next time I visit we are going there! :-)
ReplyDelete